Thanks to advancements in technology, printers are becoming more advanced than the ones many grew up with. This becomes a problem for many people as they begin to have printers piling up in their business or house. However, JunkRemoval.com are ready and willing to help you haul away your printers. As always, they will try to recycle what can be recycled.
Electronic waste is a serious issue in the United States. According to the Environmental Protection Agency:
• 80 to 85% of electronic products have been discarded in landfills or incinerators, which can release certain toxics into the air.
• E-waste represents 2% of America’s trash in landfills, but equals 70% of overall toxic waste. The extreme amount of lead in electronics alone causes damage in the central and peripheral nervous systems, the blood and the kidneys.
• 20 to 50 million metric tons of electronics are disposed of worldwide every year.
• Recycling 1 million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by 3,657 U.S. homes in a year.
• It takes 539 pounds of fossil fuel, 48 pounds of chemicals, and 1.5 tons of water to manufacture one computer and monitor.
Businesses can be heavily fined if they’re caught practicing unsafe computer disposal. The friendly staff at JunkRemoval.com can take your old printers, laptops, monitors, and fax machines from residential homes, commercial offices, and schools. JunkRemoval.com tries to avoid the landfill and focus on recycling or donating as much as they can. The JunkRemoval.com staff are an eco-friendly company that cares about the environment. printer recycling is important now more than ever, with shiny new gadgets rapidly popping up on the market every day.
Recycling also recovers valuable rare earth metals and precious metals which are in short supply, as well as plastics. These can be re-used in new devices after purification. Many printers contain harmful materials such as mercury, lithium-ion, lead, dioxins, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chromium, radioactive isotopes, and cadmium; which cause harm to the environment if they are not disposed of properly. That's why landfills don't take them and you can get hit with fines if you put your old printers out with the trash.
The folks at JunkRemoval.com are ready and willing to haul away your computers for any renovations or office closures that you're doing. Give JunkRemoval.com a call and have them haul away your next bunch of old retired computers. They are standing by to take care of your needs.